This is a three-ingredient version of Libby’s Vintage Pumpkin Eater Pumpcakes. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip mini-muffins are “Fall” to me. I used to eat these with my besties, and then after I got married and moved away, I started making them every year… too many times. I get text messages every October for that recipe, and now I have one you can memorize!
It only has 3 things to remember, and they are the easiest ones! It takes a box of Spice Cake Mix, a can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips. That’s it! Easy Peasy!
These cute little bite-sized treats are perfect to have out when you invite friends over or need to bring something to a get-together. I have to share them, or I will sit and eat the whole batch! They are that good!
I made Pumpkin chocolate chip mini-muffins for our college students when we were leading college ministry back in the day. The nurses who cared for my newborn son in the hospital also enjoyed these. I brought them to numerous gatherings over the years. They have been a staple for me in showing hospitality in the fall.
One thing about them is that I have to pace myself and not make them until late October and stop at Thanksgiving. Otherwise, I would have these year-round, which would not be suitable for my health. I have very little self-control around these delicious treats.
What makes these irresistible is that they are cold and bite-sized. Because they are small, it feels like you can eat a bunch. It’s just like eating cookies! These pumpkin chocolate chip mini-muffins are perfect topped with a dollop of Cool Whip.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
How to Make Simple Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins
First, wash your hands (don’t be gross) and put on a cute Autumn apron!
- Spice Cake Mix– Any brand will do. I typically use Betty Crocker Delights, as shown above, but watching for sales and stocking up is the best way to do it. Spice cake is delicious! If you can’t find Spice Cake Mix, I have been told that you can use a white or yellow cake mix and add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Canned Pumpkin- Make sure you use pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips- I always use semi-sweet in this recipe. I think it pairs the best with the pumpkin spice flavor. Feel free to use any kind of chocolate chip that you prefer.
How to Make Simple Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line your pan with mini muffin liners or grease the pan. I prefer the muffin liners because they store better in the refrigerator… which is one of the things that makes them so delicious!
Dump the spice cake mix and the pumpkin into the bowl. Mix that up with a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
Use a medium cookie scoop to evenly fill each mini-muffin about 2/3 full. The cookie scoop does a great job. I honestly use this thing all the time. I don’t know what I did before I had my assortment of cookie scoops. They make life so much easier.
You can purchase the cookie scoops from Amazon if you would like one:
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Beware, though, it’s hard to miss the chocolate!
Let them cool on a cooling rack.
Once cooled, put the mini-muffins into an air-tight container and put them in the refrigerator. If you must stack them, put a layer of wax paper in between. They can become a little bit sticky. They can be stored for about 4 days in the refrigerator (I’ve never had them last this long) or in the freezer for about a month.
Serve them with Cool Whip! You can top them yourself and make them look pretty, but I prefer to serve the Cool Whip on the side. The pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are good on their own. I’ve also used a can of whipped cream when I didn’t have Cool Whip. They were still delicious… and we ate the entire can.
Can I Make These Chocolate Chip Mini muffins Vegan?
Most of the Spice Cake Mixes I found did not contain animal products. These muffins are delicious plain, so you can omit the whipped cream topping. The main thing you will need to switch out is the chocolate chips. Here are a couple of brands that you can use:
Simple Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins
- 1 mini muffin pan
- mini cupcake liners
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 hand mixer or stand mixer
- 1 medium cookie scoop
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Line the mini-muffin tin with mini cupcake liners or grease the pan and set aside
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine spice cake mix and pumpkin until fully mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Using a medium cookie scoop, fill the muffin tin.
- Cook for 15-17 minutes
- Let them cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve with Cool Whip
If you are looking for another easy dessert to share with friends, Try the best chocolate chip cookies. Get the recipe here ———————>>> The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies